Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 22:57:00 +0200
From: Paul van Hoven <paul.van.hoven@...glemail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Cracking Word files?

Hi! Thank you for all your answers. The first thing to say is that I
use Mac OS X Lion. Therefore I was not able to use the Windows
binaries. Anyway the page posted by Rich contained some oder binaries
for mac but this archive does not contain the office2john file.

@Dhiru
Thank you for that link. I already read this instructions before. But
since I do not use linux, these instructions weren't that helpful,
sorry.
However, I tried to compile it in a virtual machine running ubuntu. I
downloaded the packages you described in you instruction manual and
also downloaded magnumripper from the git repository. Then I changed
into src and entered make office2john. Maybe the result interests you:
parallels@...ntu:~/Downloads/magnumripper-magnum-jumbo-47a6d4e/src$
make office2john
gcc `xml2-config --cflags` `pkg-config --cflags libgsf-1`
office2john.c common.o base64.o `pkg-config --libs libgsf-1`
`xml2-config --libs` -o ../run/office2john
gcc: common.o: No such file or directory
gcc: base64.o: No such file or directory
In file included from office2john.c:69:0:
common.h:13:18: fatal error: arch.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [office2john] Error 1

Back to my problem: What do I have to do to get office2john running on my mac?

Thx,
Paul