Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:42:28 -0400
From: cc <cc@...heads.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Incremental Recovery format

Yes thanks for the references.   It looks like Tavis solved the
problem which I encountered about work unit generation taking too
long.  The only problem is that he'd need a long long in the External
mode (int won't cut it) unless he makes the stop point based on
length/fixed/count/numbers[] ...  but it should be possible to patch
it into JtR directly.

The patch 'zuul' below allows you to use a '--stop' option to JtR
which will look for information in john.rec as to where to stop.  The
focus of those two patches was on correctness (e.g. using --stdout one
can verify that 4 runs of All4 segmented is the same as All4).

https://github.com/ccdes/brutus/tree/master/jtr_patches