Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 23:35:58 +0200
From: Jean-Michel PICOD <jm@...izoku.org>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SSHA / SHA256 BASE64 on 1.79-5

Hi,

I think you are just doing it wrong.
It is nothing but a plain sha256 hash that has been encoded in base64.
The format that john supports is hex-encoded hash.

The following python snipplet should do the work :

-----------8<----------------

#!/usr/bin/env python
import base64,sys

while True:
    line = sys.stdin.readline()
    if line == "":
        break
    line = line.rstrip("\n")
    print "$SHA256$" + base64.b64decode(line).encode("hex")

Regards,

Jean-Michel