Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:42:10 -0700
From: ". ." <topfirsthill@...mail.com>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Salted Sha-1 Quetsions

I'm just getting my feet wet here and have a couple of questions... Are Sha-1 hashes case-sensitive?  I've been running JTR for a couple days now, and just realized I used lower-case letters where the Hash was actually in all-caps. Does JTR handle salted sha-1 hashes well? It's been two days, and JTR seems to be on passwords up to 8 char...  Does this mean adding just one other character will cause the crack time to increase to months? Thanks!