Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 22:59:01 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: john.conf options subsections

In Jumbo, we currently have no subsections of Options in john.conf. In
next Jumbo (magnum-jumbo git repo), we have [Options:OpenCL]. I'm
contemplating the introduction of a couple new ones (suggested by Frank
several times and I think someone else too wanted it):

the Markov options will be placed here

the MPI tweak options will be placed here

all remaining Jumbo-only options will be placed here

However, this will lead to problems if people try to use an outdated
config with a new Jumbo build. But there will likely be problems anyway,
as the dynamic format has changed a lot. I think any user upgrading will
need (and want) to sync his config files anyway.

Is this OK? Or would I have to make ugly kludges for loading from
deprecated places? If the latter, I think I'll just forget about it and
leave it flat.

magnum