Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:46:11 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: GSoC Aleksey's status report #1

Yesterday list of accepted project for GSoC was announced by google. My
project 'automation equipped working place of a hash cracker' was accepted. My
mentor is Frank Dittrich but anyone is welcome to suggest to me.

It is my first status report during this GSoC. I will post some of my first
reports here because my project is mostly about usability and heavily depends
onto user's feedback, i.e. your opinion.

Done

- Proposal

During last week I prepared my final proposal with great help of Frank and
Simon Marechal. Thanks!

To do

- New good project name

I have a timeline in my proposal. I think I will use it as a roadmap trying to
move faster. So I think it would be nice to have it on the wiki but it needs
good page name and thus good project name.

- Keep and raise discussions

Preparing proposal we touched some questions that should be discussed here.

- Synchronization mechanisms research
- Draft implementation of client side

To start development I need some more knowledge about possible architectures
for proposed system. So I will learn more about tools like git and rsync and
try to imagine full layout of things and to implement client side part
(wrapper around john).

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov