Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:10:31 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Hahses + Pass output

On 03/22/2012 09:02 PM, magnum wrote:
> This is not exactly what you ask for, but it does print only hashes from
> a particular infile, and in hash:pass format:
>
>   john -show File.txt | cut -d: -f1-2

Sorry, I was wrong :)  that just prints user:pass

You can do it with grep and a horrible one-liner though:

  egrep "`cut -d: -f2 File.txt`" john.pot

This assumes File.txt has its hashes in the second field (as opposed to
pwdump files, for example), otherwise you'll have to adjust -f2 to
something else.

But for very large input files, this egrep will fail (too many
arguments) and you'd have to use a little perl script or something instead.

magnum