Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 05:05:47 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Do the precompiled binaries for windows support CUDA?

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 04:28:11PM -0800, Dan Tentler wrote:
>  I'm just curious if the precompiled windows downloadables support CUDA
> or not..

They don't.

>  I have a windows box with a gtx580 in it and I'd like to make use of
> it when it's not gaming.

This may be tricky to do with JtR currently.  As far as I'm aware, the
current CUDA and OpenCL patches for JtR were tested almost exclusively
on Linux systems so far, with a little bit of testing on Mac OS X.
Windows is almost untested.  You're welcome to try, though (add a proper
make target yourself and build from source if you're brave enough).

The good news, though, is that we're working on merging the CUDA and
OpenCL patches into the next -jumbo source tree (in fact, it's been
mostly done, just not released yet), so I guess more people will try to
make builds of this stuff for more systems once we release it.
Personally, I have no immediate plans to make a GPU-enabled Windows
build, though - maybe someone else will (try to) do that.  Your demand
for this matters to us.

Alexander