Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:19:53 -0800
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OMP version not use all CPU

On 2/14/12, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> What hash type(s) are you testing on?  Of those you provided benchmarks
> for here: http://hashsuite.openwall.net/performance only LM and MSCash
> hashes include OpenMP parallelization in JtR currently, but NTLM don't.

I try LM, MSCASH and NTLM. I do not know NTLM do not have OpenMP support.

> Can you try the non-jumbo 1.7.9 as well (also john-omp.exe)?

Will do and i report back.

> Oh, and the speed you're reporting for LM hashes (25M c/s) is
> surprisingly low for JtR 1.7.9 on a modern CPU.  As you can see, we have
> higher speeds for 1.7.9 here: http://openwall.info/wiki/john/benchmarks

I take a look at this numbers. One difference its that i use a laptop
CPU, other its that i perform a "real" benchmark and not the "-test"
option. I consistently found differences in "-test" option and "real"
crack speed. I will test the "-test" option and review the method i
use to gather performance data.

saludos,
alain