Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:15:38 +0100
From: A BC <miaou.pbl@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: DES - not "traditional DES-based" - (VNC hash) with JtR

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com> wrote:

> I've sent an email to john-dev already containing pcap's of 7 different
> vnc sessions, using 3 different VNC protocols (see wikipedia)
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFB_protocol#Protocol_versions

> You can get them here: http://xinn.org/jtr-pcap/jtr-vnc-pcap.tar.gz

Hey, thanks. But : what is the password you used ? And to be useable with
JtR, we have to extract by hand the interesting information.

I have seen your project. It is intersting because it can read pcaps, but
it uses JtR piped into stdin, which we discussed with Alexander, and is not
very good.

My FakeServer is very very simple : 30 lines of Python script. And it
prints the challenge/response.
Ok, the protocol I use is for 3.7, but it should work with 3.3 because it
uses the weakest authentification protocol.

I am not yet subscribed to the john-dev list. Please forward my answer.
I will join it asap.

Thanks,
Miaou