Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:13:44 -0500
From: "Robert B. Harris" <rs904c@...scape.net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Building a statically linked OMP version of JtR 1.7.9 and JtR 1.7.9 jumbo 5 nearly impossible on Solaris x86

John Users,

Sorry this is slightly off topic.

I'm trying to build a statically linked OMP version of JtR 1.7.9 and JtR
1.7.9 jumbo 5 issues on Solaris x86, but it doesn't work.   (so, I can put
it on the custom builds wiki page).

I can build a dynamically linked OMP version of JtR 1.7.9 and JtR 1.7.9
jumbo 5 on Solaris x86 just fine.

I can't even statically link OMP in a simple "Hello World" program on
Solaris.   Solaris makes this difficult, since they don't supply many .a
library files.

Anyone else here familiar with any tricks for Solaris?

It seems, libgomp is dependent on librt, and something else  (.

If someone here can tell me what source code the libgomp.a, librt.a, and the
other dependent, library  come from I could try manually compiling those, so
I might work.

Or maybe someone else knows a trick.

So, I did some research  and others are have trouble too.

Thanks

-Robert B. Harris