Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:51:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault in john-1.7.9-jumbo-5 under some conditions

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 05:43:43PM +0100, madfran@...-ezine.org wrote:
> Then I try the original john.conf
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Are you saying that the problem is reproducible even on the official
Windows build of john-1.7.9-jumbo-5 with the original Keyboard mode?

All - can someone else with a Windows system handy try to reproduce
this, please?

madfran - what if you try LM instead of NTLM?  (Indeed, you will need to
have a file with some LM hashes for that.)  What if you do that with a
non-jumbo build?

> I don't know why appear SSE2 instead SSE2i in my compilation
> (I use john-1.7.9-jumbo-5.tar.gz from your official site)

This is obvious: you build with -sse2, whereas the official build used
-sse2i.  In this context, I merely noted this detail to see whether you
were using the official build or not.

Alexander