Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 10:15:08 -0500
From: Matt Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Insert words between digits

One quick/dirty hack to do what you want would be to use John's -stdin
option along with another program. If you are on a Linux system the
following sed script would work:

sed 's/ /house/' dictionary.txt | sed 's/ /train/' | ./john -stdin
-format=blah hashes.lst

Of course, this quickly becomes very unwieldy if you have a list of
words you want to insert into your dictionary instead of only using
'house' and 'train'. As I said, this is just a quick solution, and not
a good solution ;)

Matt Weir