Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:51:10 -0500 (EST)
From: "Brad Tilley" <brad@...ystems.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD X6 multicore issue

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 06:17:07PM -0500, Brad Tilley wrote:
>> I think I did this right. Feel free to add it to the wiki on my behalf.
>
> Added to:
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/benchmarks
>
> You did not specify gcc version, so I put "gcc 4.2+ (not known exactly)"
> for now.

gcc --version
gcc (Debian Testing 4.6.2-4) 4.6.2

> Also, I guess that the OpenMP benchmark is for 6 threads, correct?
> Or is it 12?

It's 6 cores so I assume 6 threads. I don't believe these CPUs have the
virtual cores (hyperthreading, etc). When I ran the test, I didn't do
anything unusual. So unless OpenMP can somehow double the number of
hardware threads it should be 6.

>> Some over-zealous "security admins" disallow the entire TLD of .info on
>> my
>> current network.
>
> Ouch.  I'll e-mail an alternate URL to you.
>
> Alexander

Thanks I got it.

Brad

--