Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 01:37:39 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: AMD X6 multicore issue

Brad -

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 04:03:48PM -0500, Brad Tilley wrote:
> I have one of these CPUs (AMD x6 1090T). I'd be glad to test if that would
> be helpful. Let me know.

I'm quite sure the problem is not CPU type specific, but it'd be nice if
you run benchmarks of 1.7.9 built with and without OpenMP and submit
your results to the wiki:

http://openwall.info/wiki/john/benchmarks

As to SHA-crypt, there's currently no column in those tables for it
(because JtR does not include its own code for it, using the system's),
but you may post such results to this thread.  I'd expect something like
2000 c/s with glibc's crypt_r(3) code on a 6-core (for a 64-bit build).

Thanks,

Alexander