Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:38:03 -0500
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: No executable by the name John

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Jayant Das <jayant_d@...mail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downoaded the zip file for Windows and when I unzip it, there are two directories - doc and run. There is a unique.exe file in the run dir but no john.exe.
> HOw do I run the program?
There should be 2 additiona EXE's inside, a
john-386.exe
and
john-sse.exe
It's possible your AntiVirus software has "cleaned" john from the zip
 file either at extraction or during download. You should know that build
of JtR from the main site, does not crack many of the additional
hashes JtR+Jumbo patch is capable of cracking. You may want to try a
build from the wiki that John-users have compiled for you that take
advantage of the many improvements and additional hashes:
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/custom-builds
-rich