Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:41:19 +0200
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Tripcodes, take 2

Am 03.08.2011 23:30, schrieb Solar Designer:
> However, to get a more reliable answer you need to provide an example.
> I am not familiar with tripcodes, and few in here are. So please post
> an example input to JtR (with your future patch) and the desired output,
> and show how to verify that this is the correct output.

Not having much time either, here's a wikipedia link:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Tripcode

The article contains a description of the algorithm.

The German article
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/wiki/Tripcode contains a
sample implementation in perl (Chapter "Beispielimplementation"), but it
seems to be missing the first step ("Convert the input to Shift JIS.").

Frank
**