Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 18:55:08 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: invitation to team john-users in KoreLogic's "Crack Me If You Can" DEFCON 2011 contest

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 05:47:47PM +0300, Milen Rangelov wrote:
> May I join your team?

Sure.

> I have a couple of CPU cores plus some GPU power
> (2x5870s and one 6870). My only problem is that I would be using my own tool
> most of the time (with the exception of iterated, desunix and blowfish
> hashes) as I am more comfortable with it and it is better optimized for AMD
> GPUs that I own. I also have some algos implemented on GPU that no other GPU
> cracker has at present, like Oracle(DES).

What tool is that?  Is it Open Source?

> OTOH if it's strictly JTR-only, I would accept that without any negative
> feelings :)

We're not strictly JtR-only, but we do have a convention to upload
hashes cracked with other tools in separate files.  Of course,
everything gets merged for submission to KoreLogic anyway, but we try to
have an idea of what tool cracked what.

I'll subscribe you to the list now, and please provide your SSH key and
desired login name.

Thanks,

Alexander