Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 03:55:30 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: JtR versions for KoreLogic's contest (was: Sha-256)

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 08:17:31PM +0000, Donovan wrote:
> I was pretty sure you got an "special" one !! uhhh !! ;-)
>
> well, i am allready engaged on an other team & allready signed since months
> allready ( & since last years we done the DEFCON )....we allready send to DEFCON
> our regystry & receive yesterday the confirmation, anyway, thanks a lot for your
> invitation...maybe on the next one ! i be happy to join for sure....
>
> Now, i understand about this "special_contest" version reserved to your
> Team...normal...it's ok...

Like I said, it might be reserved to our team not so much to give us
an advantage, but rather because it wouldn't be of adequate quality for
use by others who would not be able to discuss proper usage with us, and
indeed we'd be busy during the contest - no time to support other teams
on how to run our cutting-edge code.  Also, there may be incompatible
.chr files (yes, new incremental mode code), which are better not to
spread around (because of compatibility issues people will face if they
use this stuff after/outside of the contest).

But right now that's just words.  That version doesn't exist yet, and I
am not sure if I'll manage to create it in time (I have some patches,
but nothing finished).

> Anyway, if we can have an All_in_one Jumbo 4a or 5 i will be verry happy...

Yes, we're likely to release that.

Alexander