Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 03:44:08 -0500
From: "jfoug" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Added a john 'testing suite' to the patch page

I have changed the script for proper local path handling, and made changes
to /bin/sh

Also, made these changes to tstone script.

1. if the input file not found, echo that fact, and exit error
2. if john cannot handle a format, thus does not end with a 'guesses' line,
echo the fact, and exit error

The above 2 error checks, should make the output a little cleaner,
especially when testing against an older version of john, that is not able
to handle all of the newer formats.

Jim.

The testing suite can be found here:  http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches