Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 22:51:33 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR 1.7.7 & 1.7.7-jumbo-1 + MPI error compilation OS X

On Mon, May 02, 2011 at 08:42:39PM +0200, magnum wrote:
> I found a solution I can live with: It's now so adamantly ifdef'ed  that
> if you do not enable it, you'll get a binary with the same sha1sum as a
> pristine jumbo build. This way any bugs (of mine) are guaranteed to only
> exist in an MPI-enabled build. And after some clean-up, it's not that
> horrific, Now I think it may be valid to include it in Jumbo.
>
> I'll release it soon, I hope. I outsourced some beta testing to W.A :)

Sounds great.

In general, now is a good time to submit patches for inclusion in jumbo.
I kept 1.7.7-jumbo-1 conservative (compared to 1.7.6-jumbo-12), but I am
OK with adding a lot more stuff to 1.7.7-jumbo-2 and on.  A requirement
is that patches to merge should not introduce non-optional dependencies
on extra libraries.

Thanks,

Alexander