Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:44:51 +0400
From: Aleksey Cherepanov <aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR GUI ideas list

> Also I wonder if there were any good widgets in wxwidgets with search
> capability. Now I'm using wxgrid, but it doesn't have search capability.

In my view search is a complex thing that could not be done in the only
one way. So i looked through documentation and i think that there are no
widgets that could look like i imagine search. However there is
wxFindReplaceDialog class that implements text search and replace
capabilities. May be it could use wxGrid as a parent, i do not know.

May be wxGrid::SetGridCursor could help you to implement search.

I thought that search is not needed and could be replaced by
filters. But now i think that it is a good idea to have search
too. Because someone may want to jump somewhere in the middle and then
scroll from there.

Regards,
Aleksey Cherepanov