Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:59:10 -0800
From: Dhiru Kholia <dhiru.kholia@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: hmailserver patch

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> Dhiru, James -
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 06:59:47AM -0800, Dhiru Kholia wrote:
>> Sybase ASE hash patch is attached (apply on top of jumbo-12). This
>> patch was hacked together very quickly and as such is not tested much.

> This has a licensing issue: James opted to use copyright along with a
> permissive license in his patch, whereas your patch says it is based on
> James' but it also says its code is in the public domain.

Oops. I am re-releasing the patch under the original license. I have
added OpenMP support (~2.6 times faster on a triple core processor).

Thanks Erik, for testing and fixing the build on OSX.

--
Cheers,
Dhiru

Download attachment "john-1.7.6-SybaseASE-05-OpenMP.diff.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (3543 bytes)