Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 19:32:32 +0100
From: magnum <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MD5 Generic improvements

On 03/01/2011 05:04 PM, bartavelle wrote:
> On 28/02/2011 00:53, jfoug wrote:
>> 1. Saltless hashes were appearing to be salted, and running SLOW. This
>> happened if the hash input in the file had more data after the password
>> hash.
>
> This doesn't seem to work for me :
> Loaded 1593941 password hashes with 42272 different salts ( md5_gen(0):
> md5($p)  (raw-md5)  [128x1 (MD5_Go)])

You need the fix for Simon's thin raw-md5 code too, it was mentioned
deep in the thread where we discussed the bug.

There are a couple other cosmetic (or worse?) bugs in
intrinsics-fixes-02. I'm *not* sure about all of them, but I think the
enclosed patch are valid fixes. Pardon the filename :)

magnum

View attachment "intrinsics-fixes-2-fixes.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1504 bytes)