Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 22:56:32 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Insert word between words

W.A. -

Thank you for posting an advanced end user's question.  I feel that this
list became so much about JtR development lately that folks could be
afraid of posting "simple" questions.  Yet this is primarily a "users"
list.  I might create a separate list for development topics, but this
is not obviously the right thing to do at this time.  So I'd like both
kinds of topics discussed in here for now.

I hope that your posting will encourage others to start asking their
questions (again).

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 07:21:09PM +0100, websiteaccess@...il.com wrote:
>  How can I insert 2 or 3 lettres between 2 words
>
>  my wordlist :
>
>  john dog
>
>  I need :
>
>  johnlovedog

You can use:

/[ ] Dp Ap"love"

Alternatively, here's a weird but maybe slightly faster way to do it:

/[ ] ope Ap"lov"

If you want to have words separated by spaces (e.g., "john love dog"):

/[ ] Ap" love"

> I use
>
> /[ ] s[ ][etaoinsrhldcumfpgwyb0-9\-\+.&_@:#$!*,^=/]
>
>  but that works only for insert 1 vowel/consonant/digits

BTW, you can optimize this one to:

/[ ] op[etaoinsrhldcumfpgwyb0-9\-+.&_@:#$!*,^=/]

The "o" command is usually faster than "s".

Thanks again,

Alexander