Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:00:15 +0100
From: Simon <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MD5 Generic improvements

On 18/02/2011 20:58, Solar Designer wrote:
> with this patch (maybe bugs).  Simon - can you please take a look and
> likely upload a corrected patch against -jumbo-12?

I checked this, and the problem is that there are two consecutive calls
to set_key() with the same index. I thought that the set_key() would
only be called with incremental indexes, except when it resets to 0.

This format (and most of the things I wrote) works with this assumption,
and only cleans things up when set_key(x,0).

Having to work with arbitrary indexes would have a performance impact on
things like raw_md5. Is that the expected behavior of JtR ?