Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:52:45 +0100
From: Simon Marechal <simon@...quise.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: MD5 mmx/sse impelemtation for 32bit

Le 13/02/2011 08:55, Yoni Londner a écrit :
> I will continue my testing, but will appreciate any help of someone
> who used this code in 32bit apps.

I used it with 32 bits builds. I did not provide the compilation target
for 32 bits mode, but this should be quite easy to have it working.
MD5_SSE_PARA should be 2 instead of 3 because of register pressure,
juste as Freddie Witherden mentionned. But if you really want to work on
that, you should just forget 32 bits mode.

> Another question (and please forgive my ignorance), what is ICC?
> Yoni.

It is the Intel C Compiler. It performs a lot better than any version of
gcc/clang with this code. For some reason it performs a bit worse than
GCC for the intrinsics DES build, but I believe it is worth having it.
They just changed the name :
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compilers/

You can download an unlimited trial version for Linux, but you'd have to
pay for the Windows version.