Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:03:01 -0600
From: Tim Yardley <yardley@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: JtR/OpenMP against Gawker passwords

>> Jon ran JtR on an 8-core Xeon X5460 machine (two CPU chips) doing over
>> 20M c/s at the "many salts" test.  399380 out of 748039 password hashes
>> got cracked.
>
> I am just passing the halfway mark after about 48 hours on a dual-core
> 2.3Ghz ... 402198 password hashes cracked, 402342 left

After about 36hours on an older 32bit Xeon 3.06 with some other load
going on (2 instances, Idle = N though)

396952 password hashes cracked, 354019 left

Still steadily streaming in using various rulesets (some from here
over the years, some homebrewed), common short dictionaries, prior
real-world passwords, etc.  Honestly haven't had much time to commit
to it, so it's sat idle between it completing one set and me firing up
a new ruleset when I decide to check on it.

Tim