Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 12:24:11 -0600
From: Minga Minga <mingakore@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: pwgen

All:

The 'random' passwords for the DEFCON contest were generated by pwgen.
But I have long since lost the command line.

I can tell you this. I did all sort of 'greps' to make sure they have
lots of special
characters, etc. So it is NOT the best list of "random" passwords to try against
for what you are working on. For most of the lists for the contest, I would
generate 10000 candidates - and then use another perl script to grab 1000
random lines from that large list.

-Minga