Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:03:58 +0200
From: "Magnum, P.I." <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NT/unicode issue in current version

2010-09-29 16:08, Alain Espinosa skrev:
> On 9/28/10, Magnum, P.I.<rawsmooth@...dband.net>  wrote:
>> ...and it turns out more of the same is needed. If the plaintext is ΓΌΓΌ,
>> the temp variable assignment need similar casting. I'll not be posting
>> more patches in this matter, it's probably better if Alex or Alain have
>> a look at it instead.
>
> Try to replace "set_key(char *key, int index)" by "set_key(unsigned
> char *key, int index)". It works for me.

That works fine here too, thanks. Note that in mscash_fmt.c you need to
do the same to get_salt() too.

I enclose what I believe is a complete fix for this issue, including
added self-tests that should flag for any remaining or future problems.

magnum

View attachment "NT-mscash.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1788 bytes)