Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 23:33:09 +0200
From: "Magnum, P.I." <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: unicode conversion in NT_fmt ?

Alain Espinosa wrote:
> Well, you are the four people witch today tell me that do not
> understand something i wrote.

LOL, but I'm pretty much on thin ice as soon as you go past Hello World
so it's not your fault.

> The conversion happens inside function 'set_key'. Here are 3 versions
> of the function targeting different architectures. The conversion in
> all of this versions happen in the 'if' statement that are inside the
> 'for'. In "mscash_fmt.c" too.

I had stared at that code for days without getting it but I think I
understand now. I guess this for loop could just as well take a *key of
int16 instead of char, without much modification. So I might be able to
optionally make a custom UTF-16 conversion beforehand.

Thanks a bunch!
magnum