Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:56:58 -0700
From: Alain Espinosa <alainesp@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NTLM and OpenCL 1.0

On 9/22/10, Charles Weir <cweir@...edu> wrote:
> Benchmarking: NT MD4 [OpenCL 1.0]...
> OpenCL Platform: <<<Apple>>> and device: <<<GeForce 320M>>>
> OpenCL Using direct access to host memory (no transfers)
> FAILED (get_hash[0](0))
>
> I hope this helps. If you need any additional info please don't hesitate to
> ask.

The problem with this tests fails it is that i try to access normal
RAM from the GPU. Nvidia has a feature called "Zero Copy" in CUDA SDK
that made this possible (not all cards support it). In OpenCL do not
exists a way to ask for this support, i try a test and error method
but as we can see do not work. Maybe this approach works in GPU that
use host RAM memory.

saludos,
alain