Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 05:58:29 +0200
From: rembrandt <rembrandt@...erlin.de>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: NTLM and OpenCL 1.0

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 02:27:23 +0400
Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

Dear Alexander....

Let me be rude *and pls. I do appologize.. when do you come around for
a beer I promised u 2 yrs ago?!..... I still remmeber my offers ;)*

DO YOU WILL INCLUDE THE PATCHES into the "official" distribution... y/n
You told me so much about concerncing about blafoomao C-standards and
co. like quality. I wont argue with you... you are at your field; partly
a genius... but seriously:

You wont include anything new into the base-codebase...??? All those
patches wont help. Did anybody tested it under OpenBSD (YES! OPENBSD! U
NIGGAZ! wHERE PEOPLE WHO CAN'T EVEN CODE A routing code OR A tcp/ip
sTACK CAN BECOME core developers *HAIL HO THEO, OR HENNING..?!? Not
w00w00 linux gentoo or whatever.. Does even 90% of you know a ALPHA
CPU... :( ? *gcc "optimizations++"*) on a i5 CPU (used in x20 laptops,
lenovo :) ) or a recent AMD CPU (you remmeber our SSE-register talk
years ago?! And still I was right *smiles* :) ).

So seriously: OpenCL -> GOOD! COOL! *for Windows, Mac, Linux! Not any
BSD so far! It is the issue of the BSD! Not building a front....
they do all care for themself and can't code a shit... if you analyze
them partly. heyho Theo.. ;)) but if it will get handled like all those
"patches" it will have no effect Alex... INCLUDE them into the base!
You need to include them somehow... *my oppinion* :)

That is my personal oppion!
Apply the algos *jumbo, as a hint! not all but liekly most coomon..
remmeber stories of you.... wont say more, back then u tpold me about
it... come on bro... are the codes to badly?! >THEN COMMENT about it...
but providing a patch is fucked! most people test their stuff just on
linux.. they're blind....).. and the codes... and make a little
test-lap.. and if you need something i will provide it, or somebody
else...

Maybe today I got totaly drunken... who knows... but hell Alex... I
think I am right. What is your oppion or the oppinion of any other
"core" developer worth if no single patch gets included into the
base...?!

And when do u'll come around.. I still owe u a beer or.. two...

And to all developers: test your shit also at BSDs (and if possible
MAC!)! Most of you seam to be Linux *loosers* *yes, provocating, I know
*smiles* take it ironicaly.. someday OWL will be BSD based *smiles even
more, looking at his wine bottle**

Deeply appreaciating your work and the work fo ANYBODY who sends and
IMPROVES JOHN(!);

rembrandt