Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 14:31:37 -0400
From: Brad Tilley <brad@...ystems.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Noob question: how to feed 10 alphanum char min&max
 incremental to aircrack when "MaxLen = 10 exceeds the compile-time limit
 of 8"

Rich Rumble wrote:
> http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2007/07/04/6
> Specifically... You have to create your own CHR files and recompile.
> I have not had success with compiling anything other than digits over 8,
> you can DL my digit only build (up to 16 digits) here:
> hxxp://xinn.org/jtr__digits/john-digits-16.7z (windows only)
> If you don't have 7zip you can find it easily. This build will only
> crack digit only
> hahses with lengths from 1-16 digit characters long.

Out of curiosity, have you ever enumerated the entire space of a 16 char
number only password? If so, how long did that take? I would assume
weeks (at least... although that seems overly optimistic for CPU),
months? Or have you never enumerated the entire space?

10^16 = 10,000,000,000,000,000