Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:55:42 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "--config" option

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:26:05AM -0500, jmk wrote:
> I've attached a patch which I think resolves the problem. Unfortunately,
> I'm not confident that I understand which flags should be set on an
> option of this type. I was hoping someone could take a quick look it. If
> it seems sane, I'll uploaded it to the wiki.

The patch looked fine to me, so I applied it in 1.7.6-jumbo-7.

Arguably, it should use the numeric 0 in place of FLG_NONE, but this
doesn't make a difference and you were not the first to start using
FLG_NONE like that.  Also, "--test" has an explicit list of options it
is compatible with, which obviously does not include your new option.
This makes "--test" and "--config" incompatible, which was probably not
considered, but this may actually be fine.

Thanks,

Alexander