Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:26:05 -0500
From: jmk <jmk@...fus.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "--config" option

Hi,

I was recently emailed that my netntlm.pl script isn't working with
recent John Jumbo patches. I traced the problem to my "--config" option
hack (it always returns an "Invalid options combination or duplicate
option" error). I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We've always been running the script with an older version of John,
which, for some reason, didn't exhibit the problem.

I've attached a patch which I think resolves the problem. Unfortunately,
I'm not confident that I understand which flags should be set on an
option of this type. I was hoping someone could take a quick look it. If
it seems sane, I'll uploaded it to the wiki.

Thanks,
Joe

View attachment "john-1.7.6-jumbo-6-config.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1464 bytes)