Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:03:04 +0200
From: bartavelle@...quise.net
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: clang benchmarks

Le 18/05/2010 23:48, Solar Designer a écrit :
> Can you please give this a try?  If this solves the problem, then I'd
> like to commit this fix into the official JtR tree.

It seems to compile properly. I didn't test the resulting code though.
The svn version of clang I used (trunk 103935) didn't mind these
extensions and worked with your vanilla code.

The ubuntu version here didn't work:
clang version 1.1 (branches/release_27)

As for the ICC compiled code, it seems that for index 0-15 everything is
computed right, and it fails between 16 and 127.

A working fix is to replace the line :

typedef __m128i vtype;

by

typedef unsigned long long vtype __attribute__ ((vector_size (16)));

(int doesn't work for some reason)

Pukes a ton of warnings, but -test seems to work fine.