Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 22:37:37 -0400
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: OpenMP

Alexander,

> So I guess that /usr/local/lib/libgomp.1.dylib came from Xcode (and is
> not available on systems without Xcode installed).

Yes.  It is Xcode 3.2.2 for 10.6 that I am using, so even 10.5 might be unsupported with OpenMP.  Another issue is the libgomp.dylib is x86_64 only.  I guess Apple didn't see this as an issue due to the fact that almost all of Apple's Intel CPUs are 64-bit capable (except for some early core solos).

> Indeed.  OK, you got me to make a 32-bit build of gcc 4.5.0 as well and
> to complete that part of the patch.  The above should be fixed in
> 1.7.5-omp-2, which I've just uploaded to:

Thanks, but it won't link due to the libgomp.dylib being x86_64 only.  I may build my own version of gcc 4.5.0 to test out as well.

Erik