Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:36:38 +0100
From: "Magnum, P.I." <rawsmooth@...dband.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Extended MPI support

I just uploaded version 4 of the full-MPI patch at
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches

Changes:
* If loading wordlist to memory, split it while loading instead of
leapfrogging later. Note that the limit (default 5 MB) will be imposed
per node, so a 20 MB file may be loaded by four nodes even with the
default setting - using 4 MB each.
* Sometimes elect to leapfrog words instead of rules if it seems better
* Some bug fixes (notably one where aborting a job very early could
result in improper restoring of the job)
* Some fixes to cope with extreme c/s rates (cosmetic)
* Some changes for coping with various MPI environments. It should now
hopefully work fine under mpich1 too.
* The c/s figures now tries to tell the same truth as a standard john
do. This means it will be impacted if the nodes does not finish almost
simultaneously. Do not stare too much at those numbers without knowing
what they actually tell you.

The below still applies:
 > This is just experimental code. Most importantly, do not blame Solar
 > Designer if you encounter problems. Do not blame me either, instead
 > just fix it and submit your patch ;)
 >
> There really was no rocket science involved. Like the mpi10 patch, my
> extensions are licensed "under the same terms as John the Ripper itself"
> as stated in doc/LICENSE.mpi. In case that does not make sense, my work
> is hereby placed in the public domain.

Enjoy!
magnum