Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 03:49:36 -0500
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@...ls.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Xgrid

On Mar 7, 2010, at 9:26 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 09:01:11PM -0500, Kaleb Hosie wrote:
>> I'm testing the security of passwords at my work and I'm curious as to
>> whether anybody has gotten JtR to work with Xgrid?
>
> I think not.

The MPI version of john should work with Xgrid as OpenMPI now ships by default with OSX and turning on Xgrid is no harder than starting up file sharing.  You will want to research how to use it and I recommend downloading the appropriate server tools which will let you stop processes on remote systems.  The tools for MacOS 10.6 are located here (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL968), but I am sure you can find tools for 10.5 and 10.4 as well.

Erik