Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:40:21 +0100
From: "websiteaccess@...il.com" <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: MPIrun JTR cracking passwords up to 13 letters with foreign
 language.

Hi

 Some month ago someone (Alexander ?) post this text to increase
capability to crack passwords up 13

 With my MPIrun JTR, I would like crack passwords up to 13 letters
(with special foreign language) /digits/symbol.

 What change in the text below ?

 thanks,

Here are some working CHARSET_* settings:

For lengths up to 9: just increase CHARSET_LENGTH to 9.  No other
changes are needed (default CHARSET_SCALE of 0x100 is OK).  This is
because the requirement is actually a bit less strict than what the
comment says.  Those who want to find out what it really is can refer to
charset.c: charset_self_test(). ;-)

For lengths up to 10, we can use a range of 84 ASCII codes:

#define CHARSET_MIN			'\''
#define CHARSET_MAX			'z'
#define CHARSET_LENGTH			10
#define CHARSET_SCALE			9

For lengths up to 13, we can use either lowercase or uppercase letters:

#define CHARSET_MIN			'a'
#define CHARSET_MAX			'z'
#define CHARSET_LENGTH			13
#define CHARSET_SCALE			18

The above example is for lowercase letters.  I've actually tested it by
first generating a fake john.pot from all.lst: