Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:01:11 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Markov mode ignores external filters

> Magnum, P.I. a ?crit :
> >I just discovered that the Markov mode doesn't seem to cooperate with
> >any filter. It silently ignores them. I can't find any mentioning of
> >this in archives nor anywhere else.
[...]

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 01:55:47PM +0100, bartavelle@...quise.net wrote:
> Should do the trick :
>
> http://openwall.info/wiki/john/patches
> http://openwall.info/wiki/_media/john/filter_for_mkv.diff?id=john%3Apatches&cache=cache

Thanks!  This appeared to have a minor bug in that most calls to
crk_process_key() continued to use pwd->password instead of the newly
introduced "pass" pointer.  I've fixed this and included the patch into
1.7.5-jumbo-2, which I've just released.  I've also dropped the extra
call to crk_done() at the end of mkv.c.

While at it, I've also included the missed rules.c commit that was
meant to be part of 1.7.5 into this jumbo patch update.

http://www.openwall.com/john/#contrib

Alexander