Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:07:10 +0100
From: "websiteaccess@...il.com" <websiteaccess@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Encoding UTF-8 .pot fails

Hi

 My system is OS X (latest), I run JTR 1.7.5 in my terminal (setting
with UTF-8 encoding), my wordlist is
 UTF-8 encoding too. ALL is UTF-8

At the begining of the crack session JTR store passwords found in the
.pot file encoded UTF-8.
After 1 hour of cracking (-rules), my .pot is no more UTF-8 !

--- passwords found at the begining of my session --
bären
barfuß
bart
barwitzki
bättre
begoña
belhabchia

--- after 1 hour, all same passwords cracked before, are now unreadable
--
bären
barfuß

 I have to reencode my .pot in UTF-8 to restore all passwords correctly.

 This problem was also with previous version of JTR.

 What is the problem ?

 thanks