Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 04:00:01 +0000
From: P PO1434 <p2409@...mail.com>
To: john users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: OSC_fmt patch now obsolete - will delete unless advised otherwise.

Jim (and others interest in the new MD5 formats)

I wrote a little format file a while ago (on wiki, called OSC_fmt) that
attempts to crack a variant of an MD5 password that looks like:

     md5(2-byte plaintext salt + plaintext key)

     The plaintext salt is provided with the key for each instance of a key.

eg. md5('99' + william1) = 545471039e2daea8d6c337ee6adffcee

As your contribution handles this format effectively (format 4 md5($p.$s) ), my patch is obsolete AFAIK.

I've made a note to this effect on the wiki, but am proposing to delete the patch all together unless anyone feels it should stay there.

Thanks for the MD5 work too!

Regards

Pete