Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:00:40 +0000
From: P PO1434 <p2409@...mail.com>
To: john users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Mac OSX Intel 64-bit compilation of JtR?

Apologies if this has been dealt with before....

In the JtR Makefile, there are target entries for macosx ppc, and x86-SSE2, however I don't see a
64-bit Intel Mac OSX target. I tried making one, but x86.S won't compile with a x86_64 (m64) flag because
'32-bit absolute addressing is not supported for x86-64'.

Has a 64-bit compile target for Mac OSX been identified, and if so, what's its Makefile details (or where can I find them)?

If not, I'll try to get one going and put the target info on the wiki.

Regards
Pete