Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 04:10:29 +0000
From: P PO1434 <p2409@...mail.com>
To: john users <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: re: A 'generic' MD5 hash set format (to handle 'all' of them)

Jim (and others with an interest in a generic MD5 format),

I support your idea (and implementation) of the MD5 formats.

Just FYI, and using your proposed format,  I wrote (or adapted really) a:

uid:md5($s2.$p)

MD5 format a few months ago. It's in the john wiki section, and its called osc-md5.

I made some very basic efforts to 'generify' it by allowing you to vary the salt size, but this required a re-compilation of the module. It may (or may not) help you with the task as a starting point for the code.

Regards

Pete