Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:24:09 -0600
From: RB <aoz.syn@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Contributing significant changes to the jumbo patch
	(mostly performance improvements)

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:27, Jim Fougeron<Jim.Fougeron@....com> wrote:
> patches I am working on, along with links to said patches.  There
> are a couple of patches which are sort of walking all over each
> other in a few places, so I am working to get these diff files to
> play nice with each other.

That was actually somewhat on my TODO - splitting the all-X patches
back apart and individually reimporting them into a git tree I created
using 'git cvsimport' off of Solar's tree.  There have been times I
wished the individual changes were better bisected, and not having
spent the time to split them apart wonder whether the collisions are
due more to sloppy coding or to the proliferation of patches exceeding
the ability of the plugin system to handle them without overrun.

The git approach is also how I've been maintaining the MPI patchset,
and it's been quite successful.  I have yet to break it down into a
fully bisectable set of changes, but depending on how the suggested
licensing queries go, that may be the next step.

Solar - you mentioned a couple of years ago that you'd made an
experimental tree that split the source out into more segregated
directories.  Is that still alive, and might it help?