Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 05:58:20 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Request for feature : -show-uncracked

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:32:32PM -0500, Minga Minga wrote:
> Is there any easy source code hack that make john just spit out the
> remaining users:hashes it is attempting to crack?

I recall someone contributing a patch to do this, but I couldn't locate
it quickly.  Also, I have a long-standing to-do item to enhance --show
to be capable of doing this and more (also need optional quoting since
cracked passwords might contain colons).

Yes, this is easy to implement, but not exactly trivial.  Specifically,
partially-cracked passwords are a special case, and you need to decide
how you want to handle those.

The function to patch is ldr_show_pw_line() in loader.c.

Good luck!

Alexander