Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 12:32:32 -0500
From: Minga Minga <mingakore@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Request for feature : -show-uncracked

All,

Something Ive wanted with john the ripper - but haven't had time to
implement yet is a
"show uncracked passwords" option.  For example, I am cracking a passwd file
with 50000
accounts, and I'd like to make a NEW list of just the accounts that have not
been cracked yet.

For now, I've just been using shell scripts that take the output of --show ,
getting a list of usernames,
then using 'grep -v ' to remove them from the initial list. Its a hack, but
it works.

Is there any easy source code hack that make john just spit out the
remaining users:hashes it is
attempting to crack?

-Minga