Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:52:53 -0500
From: Minga Minga <mingakore@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Adding Characters to the end of strings inside of DumbForce?

I am using a 'DumbForce' section of john.conf to brute force ALL possible 6
character passwords, But I want to ADD the string '2008' to the end of each
password generated.

(I want it to try aaaaaa2008 aaaaab2008 aaaaac2008 ... ... ..)

Is there a way to do this in john.conf?

Currently I am doing:

./john -external:DumbForce-AllChars -stdout | sed -e 's/$/2008/g' | ./john
-stdin passwd.txt

Which is very wasteful...

Thanks

-Minga

-----

Here is what "DumbForce-AllChars" looks like (the part that matters)

[List.External:DumbForce-AllChars]
int maxlength;          // Maximum password length to try
int last;               // Last character position, zero-based
int lastid;             // Character index in the last position
int id[0x7f];           // Current character indices for other positions
int charset[0x100], c0; // Character set

void init()
{
        int minlength;
        int i, c;

        minlength = 6;  // Initial password length to try, must be at least
1
        maxlength = 6;  // Must be at least same as minlength

        i = 0;
        charset[i++] = 65;
        c = ' ';
        while (c < '~')